Monday, August 16, 2010

Sneak Peak

DINING ROOM
I never show anything until it's a finished product. With that said, one room in our apartment is complete and that is the dining room. I'll show you our other rooms as we finish unpacking them. We ran into a dilemna as to what to do with all of our china and crystal. Our Houston apartment had white shelves built into the wall to store everything, but our SF apartment has absolutely no storage whatsoever. It's also our philosophy to not spend big money on furniture until we are in a home, so I turned to Craigslist in search of a china cabinet. What you see is what we found for $110!!! I'd prefer it to be white and look a little more "beachy", but for $110 I'll take it as it is!


Here it is! Too bad we never eat in the dining room.



This is a painting we purchased on our recent trip to Maui. I just love it!


FARMER'S MARKET
Rather than spend another weekend unpacking, we decided to make Saturday a fun day. We started out at the Farmer's Market (at the Ferry Pier) near downtown. We did not have anything specific in mind to purchase (except for kettle corn), so we wandered around and bought a few things that looked yummy. Then, we ended up at an annual festival in Japantown.


I do not eat peppers, but thought they looked so pretty that I took this photo.


Mike found spinach and other not-so-yummy "green" foods. Doesn't his expression just scream excitement?


We were super excited to come across cheese! And all sorts of cheese! We ended up purchasing four different kinds.


I found my kettle corn popcorn! This just made my day!! And yes, I can polish off an entire bag by myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment