Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun in the SF sun!

We had quite the weekend and it was wonderful! One of the many things we're enjoying the most in our new city is the endless outdoor activity. The weather is beautiful most of the time, so the city heads outdoors on the weekends. Mike looked into the San Francisco Bay Area Aggie Club and we lucked out because their kick-off to the upcoming football season was Saturday! We joined about 30 other Aggies at Crissy Field (near the Golden Gate Bridge) and enjoyed chatting with fellow transplants, eating BBQ and talking about College Station. Surprisingly, two other couples moved to San Francisco from Texas the same time we did...five weeks ago. We took a group photo, but it hasn't been posted to our Aggie group page yet. When it posts, I'll be sure to share on the blog.

While at the Aggie BBQ, Mike and I met his friend from high school and his fiance. They asked us to join them at the Giants baseball game the following day and we did! Here are some pictures from the afternoon at AT&T Park. Can you tell what a beautiful day it was? Don't let the pictures fool you though...it was a bit chilly in the 60s. But, the Giants won!

Such a pretty baseball field. I'm not really into baseball, but this stadium was pretty great.

Saturday was themed "The Dog Days of Summer" and people could bring their pups to the game with them. I about died when I saw this bulldog sporting a Giants jersey and baseball cap. He was completely chill and let people take photos of him left and right. I guess he's used to the papparazzi!

Certainly not our last visit to the AT&T Stadium. If you visit us next spring/summer, we'll be sure to take you to a Giants game.

Baseball? What, we're here to watch baseball? I kept watching the boats pass by.

Sneak Peak #2: Our bathroom. Not too exciting, huh? Luckily, Mike stays up late and I wake up early, so it never has to be shared.
This is what I, Erin, have to deal with as I get ready for work every morning. I have a system down, but seriously this counter (can you call it a counter?) is a lil' hard to maneuver with rollers, make-up and various other things.


I can't let my babies go without a shout-out in today's blog update. Toby and Bella say "hello" to all. Even though it's cooler in San Francisco, they still love to sunbathe every chance they get. Look...they are almost holding paws!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment