Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Festivities

How was your holiday weekend? Mike and I had a few busy days. Mike played tour guide to a friend from out of town. I took the camera with me so unfortunately there aren't any pictures of his adventures, but they went all over SF and spent an afternoon in Napa.

SATURDAY
I had the fortunate opportunity to see of couple of my greatest friends down in SoCal. On Saturday, I drove down to LA to visit with Kristen who flew to San Diego to stay with her good friend Nicole. We enjoyed a girls' afternoon/night with their former "Texans" friend, Ashley, who hosted us at her place. I'm starting to think I'm meant to be a SoCal girl...this cool or shall I say cold weather in SF is not sitting well with me now that it's June! I was definitely the only in jeans (yes, JEANS!) and the palest person in sight walking around Manhattan Beach. Who have I turned into? Haha


Beautiful Manhattan Beach.


The girls...don't they look so pretty in their sundresses? And there's me in my jeans...ha!




I can't let a store pass me by that's named after my sweet lil' girl, Bella.
















I love how this guy popped his foot...such a poser.


The Boardwalk.






Me and one of my besties, Kristen!!






You know how I love sea turtles, so I had to take a picture of this tiny mural in one of the beach shops. And get this....the owner was from Fort Worth!

SUNDAY

My weekend continued on Sunday with a visit to another besties who lives in Bakerfield. Brittany and Drue welcomes a tiny baby boy named Xavier (Xavi for short) in April, and I was so excited to meet the lil' guy. He is only 5 weeks old and such a doll.


He looks so peaceful and precious in this photo. Quite the handsome future Aggie!


So, this is take two of this pose. In the first photo I looked akward, stiff and scared...haha! To say I have zero experience with babies is an understatement. Thank you to Brittany and Drue for hosting me for the night. I'm so thankful I had the chance meet lil' Xavi.


MONDAY

Mike and I spent the afternoon driving around Berkeley and the Berkeley Hills. The weather was nice (sunny and 60 degrees), so we had the top down, heat turned up and jackets zipped up!


View of the Bay Area from the top of the Berkeley Hills.



View of the Golden Gate.

In remembrance of those who lost their lives in our nation's service...Memorial Day.
































g














































































No comments:

Post a Comment