Saturday, January 8, 2011

Earthquakes and Aggies

On Friday, January 7th at 4:10 p.m. a 4.1 magntitude earthquake hit the Bay Area. I'm slightly obsessed with natural disasters and have been patiently waiting to feel my first quake. I had just arrived home from work early that day to watch the Cotton Bowl. Mike was changing in the other room and I was seated on our couch with Toby and Bella on either side of me waiting on him to finish. All of a sudden, Toby and Bella sat up quickly with their ears perked and then sure enough I felt the earth move. I looked outside and our patio chairs were rocking. I yelled, "Mike, did you fell that?!" and, of course, he didn't. :) Anyhow, I was pretty sure it was an earthquake and while on the bus headed to the bar my co-worker called me and said, "I hope you just felt that." She knows I've been wanting to feel an earthquake. Anyhow, it was a small quake, but certainly large enough to feel. Some of the people we spoke with at the bar felt the tremor and of course, it was all over the news. I can only hope something larger won't hit SF for a very, long time!

Our Aggies are on an upward trend for the first time in a decade...WHOOP! Mike, Davy and I headed to a bar in the Marina to meet up with the Bay Area Aggie Club to watch the Aggies play in the Cotton Bowl. This bowl game is special to me because I performed pre-show and half-time twice when I was a member of the Kilgore Rangerettes. It was so exciting to see bits and pieces of the Rettes' performance on TV. And what's even crazier is that one of the bartenders where we watched the game was a Rangerette in the late 90s!! Even though the Ags lost, they put up a good fight. And we enjoyed meeting lots of Aggies....the Club has a great turnout and overtook the bar for the night. Like any Aggie, we remain hopeful for a winning season in the Fall. Gig' 'em Aggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment