Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Weekend of Beautiful Hiking

Last weekend Mike went fishing with his friend, Mike, who will transfer to his company's Houston office in a couple of weeks (really?? the one friend we have in SF is moving?? boo!). They spent 8 hours at sea fishing for rock fish and caught 20 between the 2 of them. I'm looking forward to Mike grilling some fish for us!

I'm a member of the Junior League of San Francisco (http://www.jlsf.org/) and spent 8 hours volunteering for the League's annual fundraiser called Home Tour "Into the Wood". Great timing because this was the day Mike went on his fishing excursion. This year, Elle Decor Magazine selected San Francisco for their annual home makeover project. I was assigned to greet guests at this home for half of my volunteer shift. The decor was amazing!! I even met a couple of the talented designers. The home will be featured in a spring edition of Elle Decor....be sure to pick up a copy!
SATURDAY
Mike and I tend to stay busy on the weekends...there's just so much to explore in here. We spent Saturday hiking the beautiful trails around Lincoln Park and Ocean Beach. This is an area of SF that tends to remain foggy, but the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky and man, was it beautiful! I wish I knew about this gem when my mom visited a few weeks ago...next time she and other family/friends are in SF, we'll be sure to take you here! There is nothing I enjoy more than sunshine, sand, and hearing/smelling the ocean...what I refer to as my happy place. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to live 10 minutes away from my happy place. Here are some pictures from our adventure.

























SUNDAY
It was another warm, sunny day in the Bay Area so we hiked through Muir Woods. It's a forest just north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is filled with different types of coastal redwoods...some of the largest trees I've ever seen. After an afternoon of hiking, we drove to an amazing overlook point...check out the pictures below.








No comments:

Post a Comment