Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ghirardelli = Yummy Goodness

Ghirardelli Square
I've had the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival on my calendar since we moved to SF. I love sugar in any form. So, we take the bus from our place to Ghiradelli Square for their annual chocolate festival on Saturday only to find the lines to sample chocolate at 20 minutes each. Neither of us was down to pay $20 for 6 small chocolate samples, so we went to the Ghiradelli store instead. They handed everyone free chocolate (their new pumpkin spice flavor...yum!) and I purchased my own Halloween treats and chocolate/orange cream bars. I'm super excited for the upcoming holiday season. I LOVE pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and became very excited while at Ghirardelli because it was already decorated for Halloween! Here are a couple of pictures of our chocolate adventure.


Here I am pictured with my chocolate at Ghirardelli!



Fort Mason & Marina
It was a beautiful day, so Mike and I decided to take advantage of the sun and do more sightseeing. After our visit to Ghirardelli, we trekked around the Fort Mason and Marina areas then rested our feet at a great Italian dig.

Fort Mason near the Golden Gate Bridge.


Beautimus!!!! One of these days we plan to walk across the bridge.


Gorgeous tree-lined path that led to a beautiful meadow.


Ships from China come to and from SF every day filled with cargo. When it's fogging, you can hear the ships blowing their horns. It sounds a lil' eerie!


Adorable swans who let passerbys hand feed them.

The Palace of Fine Arts

Sneak Peek #3
Here are a few pictures of our living room. I'd eventually like to replace the rug and side chair to match the color scheme a bit better. But so far, it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment